1 September 2013

Monthly Favourites #1

It's the 1st of September so it's time for my monthly favourites! 

Beauty

1. Sleek Face Form 
(link)
I received this palette for my birthday, and I was instantly hooked. The 3 powders are highly pigmented and help to create a really nice contoured/highlighted look and I've finally got to grips with the blusher. I wrote a full review HERE

2. L'Oreal False Lash Telescopic - 'Magnetic Black'
(link)
I bought this mascara at the beginning of the month as I fancied trying a new one out. I'd heard quite a lot about the Telescopic line so thought I'd give it a go. The brush is a plastic brush which I'm not normally keen on, but I love the finish the mascara gives. It gives plenty of volume whilst also giving length, and is perfect for daytime with 1 coat, or night by adding more layers. 

3. Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector Oil Free - 'Light'
(link)
I jumped on the BB cream bandwagon way back when Garnier first released their version of the BB cream, however I found the normal version far too oily for my skin. Then they released the oil free version which I finally got round to picking up a few months back. This month however I've been loving it, as the weather in the UK has been very warm and muggy I haven't liked having a heavier foundation on. The cream is very easy to blend in and gives me a light coverage, evening out my skin tone and covering any blemishes I have.

4. Essie Nail Polish - 'The More The Merrier' (Part Of The Summer Collection)
(link)
Another birthday present and my first Essie nail polish and I understand the hype around the brand. I love bright nail colours, and this is perfect to add to my collection. It's a lovely lime green which has looked great over August. 

5. Models Own Nail Polish - 'Beach Party' (Part Of The Hed Kandi Collection)
(link)
I love Models Own nail polish, and this bright orange has looked brilliant in the warm weather. Only con is that it seems to chip slightly easier than others I have from Models Own which is a shame but I love the colour to much to care!

6. Abercrombie & Fitch - Fierce
(link)
Yes I know it's a cologne and therefore for men but I love this scent. This is the scent that is spritzed around their stores and I can't stop smelling it, despite having owning it for several months now. (I'm sat here smelling it as I type this!) They describe it as a clean scent of citrus scent and warm musk, which is quite masculine but I'm not fussed at all. It's quite a strong scent, so only a light spritz is needed, but it lasts all day long. (Plus any man that wears this goes up in my estimation!)

Miscellaneous

7. Joni Topshop Jeans - 'Vintage'
(link)
Super comfy, fit me well, and they go with everything, what more could you want?!

8. Converse - 'Faded Neon Pink'
(link)
I love my white Converse so decided to invest in another pair. This colour seems to be tricky to find in the UK, but they are so worth it. Comfy as always, and go with so many things, I'm sure these will get a lot more wear yet.



What have been your monthly favourites?
Love Alice x

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin and gfc,too.
    Do you also follow me on gfc?
    Visit me on
    circleofchaos on mystylehit.de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, what a lovely blog :).
    I really like your monthly favourites post, what a nice idea. Do you ever buy clothes from chairty shops, or thrift? This is was my blog is about... http://emmalschwarz.blogspot.co.uk
    It would be great if you could check it out, I have followed your blog too :).

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks very much! I've followed your blog too, looks lovely, going to have a proper read through it now!
      I've never bought clothes from a charity shop, I've never been able to find anything, I always feel very jealous of people who can x

      Delete