14 January 2014

New Year, New Start

Hey guys,

First up I hope you all had a brilliant Christmas and New Year!

Second, a massive apology for not blogging more regularly at the end of 2013. Things at university got a little hectic and then before I knew it, it was Christmas! Last week I handed in 3 assignments which are the last for a while now, and combined with no January exams I have some free time! 

I thought I would also tell you all my New Years resolutions. Every year I make them but never stick them out for the whole year, so perhaps by writing them down it will make me!

1) Blog More
Like I said, my blog got very neglected at the end of last year. So this year I'm going to stick at it and write more posts for you all! My aim is to blog once a week (and if you're lucky more!), and publish my post every Monday - a nice way to start your week.

2) Lose Weight, Tone Up & Get Fit
I'm combining these under the one resolution. I restarted my health kick at the end of last year and have lost 5 pounds so far (yay!), but now I aim to lose a further 14 pounds/1 stone. Yes it sounds alot, but I was this weight at the end of Sixth Form (nearly 3 years ago) so I know it's possible. To get there I'm going to increase my exercise and tone up. I've restarted running again, still playing water polo, plus doing other cardio and strength exercises to help. I'm going on tour in April with my university water polo team so want to look and feel better by then.

3) No Takeaways
I'm sure many of you can relate - you've been on a night out, perhaps had 1 drink too many and you find yourself in a takeaway shop. This happened to me far too many times last term, and I need to kick the habit. I had this as a resolution last year when McDonalds became my best friend after a night out. I managed reasonably well, only eating 2 between New Year and the middle of June, but it went very downhill when returning to university in September! I transferred the cost of a McDonalds into a separate account after every night out and saved so much money, so I'm going to do the same this year and use that money to treat myself.

4) Run Another Half Marathon
I ran the Great North Run last September, and dare I say it...enjoyed it! I'm aiming to run it again this year in aid of charity. I ran it in 2 hours 18 minutes last year and am aiming to run it in 2 hours-2 hours 5 minutes.

5) Keep Working Hard At University
Being in my second year now, everything counts towards my final result, so I want to keep working hard and am aiming for a 2:1 at the end of this year (or a 1st if I'm lucky!).

What are your New Years resolutions?

See you next Monday!

Love Alice x


4 comments:

  1. I have nominated you for a blogger award!! check my latest blog post for info! cute blog xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm going over to your blog now xx

      Delete
  2. Hey, you have a very nice blog, keep it up!
    Hope you'll accomplish all your wishes for this year!

    Andera | www.universulanderei.ro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, I'm off to have a read of your blog now xx

      Delete